5 Basic Rules Of Writing A Persuasive Essay
A persuasive essay is one that works to prove one side of an issue. It is one of the most effective essays formats because it teaches students how to present facts to back up there claims. All papers that you write need to include information that backs up a general theme. With this paper you will do the same thing but it can be based on your opinion. You will choose a topic, take a stand on the issue, and persuade your reader to believe in your stance.
- You will choose a subject that is controversial instead of one that is a fact like in regular essays. Choose a controversial topic so that there is evidence to support both sides of the issue. There are two sides to many issues. When you are writing a persuasive essay, you will find that if you choose this type of topic, it will be easier to write a paper on it.
- Create an outline before you start writing your paper. It will be the best way to make sure that your paper is well thought out and that it flows nicely. It will help you present your proof in the most effective order. You may decide that you want to start off with the most compelling argument or use it last. Either way is good but you need to make sure that you decide one way or the other.
- Add transitional phrases. You need to show the link between the different paragraphs. That way you are directing your reader through your paper. It is a great way to help direct them and to show the relation between the ideas that you are presenting to create a paper that is seamless.
- Focus on your main point. You need to make sure that every sentence and every phrase is focused on proving the main point. It is the most important part of the paper and if you don’t follow this piece of advice, the additional information will pull away from the main point.
- This paper takes your opinion into account. Make sure that you choose a controversial topic that you have some compassion for. You don’t want to write it on a topic that does not move you personally. If you are sitting the fence on the issue, you won’t write as good of a paper.